TIME TO THINK TAXES AND 1%
Poland has a wonderful tradition of giving to charities and the Polish government has made it even easier for its citizens to give to the charity of their choice. 1% of their taxes can be designated to registered charities. FCSR is one such organization.
Soon, we will be sending out brochures to you and/or your company outlining our programs and how you and your employees can help us continue our work in what we like to call, “The PromiseLand”.
Thanks to your 1% personal income tax from 2017, we were able to organize and sponsor the following events/items in 2018:
- Transportation costs and tickets to historic and cultural sites in Warsaw for twenty of our students to participate in the InterContinental Hotel Warsaw Student Scholars Program last summer.
- Organized and sponsored a Weekend Robotics Workshop for twenty teachers to learn coding with robots.
- Bought 5 sets of smart robots for 5 schools.
- Prizes for WeCanDance winners.
- Awards for Christmas Card contest.
- Co-organized and sponsored “The Day of Teddy” at the Slawoborze Special Needs School.
- Christmas gifts and party for the smallest children at the Slawoborze Special Needs School
We hope you will remember the FCSR PromiseKids in your giving again this year. Thank you in advance…For more information, please contact Meg Ciucka, FCSR Operations Director in Swidwin or Marta Was, FCSR Executive Director in Warsaw. For contact information, see below.